The Wartrace Church of Christ was established in the year of 1900. A few months after the church had been established Brother J.D. Floyd of Flat Creek was called to preach to the congregation. In 1909 the First building had been constructed. Before they had a building to worship in they had been meeting in the Wartrace Town Hall in the front room of the old limestone rock jailhouse. They had met like this for several years.